Contributing to regional economic growth by helping small businesses while providing educational opportunities for students.
- Since start of the program in 2011, approximately 108,000 hours of free consulting have been given to small businesses
- More than $12 million generated in new revenue fueled the local economy
- Every project completed has generated on average $55,000 in new revenue feeding the local economy
- 95% of students believe Business Growth MAP helped them gain real-world experience
- 96% of mentors rate their time within the program as excellent
- 2011 - Helped the first 8 clients
- 2012 - Reached $1 million in new revenues for the local economy
- 2013 - Added first marketing focused projects
- 2014 - First Alliance forum
- 2015 - Awarded Excellence in Economic Development by AASCU
- 2016 - Tech Collective summer cohort for tech businesses
- 2017 - Awarded Excellence in Innovations by AASCB
- 2018 - Created Business Growth MAP endowment
Kudos best project team winners
- Reliable Emergency Shelters
- Bike Clark County
“The program helps create leaders because a lot of our learning is self-directed. There’s a big difference between sitting in a classroom and reading concepts from a book. This is the class that tells you whether or not you’ve learned anything. Whether or not you’re ready.”
Steven Kinlock, B.A. Business Administration
Management of Information Systems Systems Analyst, Intel Corporation
The guidance of the outstanding advisory board enables Business growth MAP to continue to develop, measure and improve the program.
- Max Ault, CREDC
- Robert Benke, Riverview Bank
- Justin Bleth, The Heathman Lodge
- Laura Chester, Digital Mark Group
- Chris Darcey, Banner Bank
- Susan Edwards, CPLP – Corporate Training and Development
- P.J. Fisher, Riverview Bank
- Azar Ghiasvand, Banner Bank
- Phil Haberthur, Landerholm
- Bruce Jooste, Tax Law Associates
- Chelsea King, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Rob Pierce, DM2 Software
- Linda Reid, Columbia Bank
- Cristin Rigney, US Bank
- Erin Stepanek, The Heathman Lodge
The first ever MAP Alliance Leadership Series launched to provide businesses the opportunity to sharpen their skills. The 10-part series focuses on topics that are important to the growth and success of businesses in the region.
Business Growth MAP is deeply grateful to businesses and volunteers throughout the community for helping to strengthen the program.
Volunteers share time and expertise with student teams, putting in 30+ hours on projects each semester.
Without sponsors, the Business Growth MAP program could not exist. Thank you!
- Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Heritage Bank
- Umpqua Bank
MAP Alliance venue
MAP Alliance coffee
Thanks to generous donors, Business Growth MAP has established a MAP endowment. This endowment ensures the future of the award-winning program by delivering a dependable source of funding, insuring the ability to prepare future leaders, help small businesses and advance the local economy now and in the future.
Call 360-546-9533 or email email@example.com.