Connect with other small business owners and entrepreneurs and gain insight into the latest business practices. Our goal is to bring together small business professionals, fostering a community of connection and support. These forums are a must for anyone looking to take their business to the next level.
Meetings are open to the public. Save your seat for the next forum.
Up next: Delegate to Empower Employees and Improve Performance.
8:30 – 10 a.m. Wednesday, October 17
For emerging leaders, the shift from doing to leading is one of the most difficult transitions to make. But learning to delegate is the best way to keep your business running smoothly and avoid manager burnout. Learn how to change your thinking and embrace performance accountability through delegation at Business Growth MAP’s fifth forum on leadership on Oct. 17. Al Tong discusses how to systematize accountability, yield predictable results and streamline your operations while resisting micromanagement.
Al Tong is a results-driven business leader who deploys strategic/tactical analysis and planning to optimize business process and team development. He is a finance and operations professional with more than 30 years of warehousing, manufacturing and logistics experience. Currently he is chief technology officer for Pacific Coast Fruit Co.
Columbia Bank Community Room, Hudson Building
101 East 6th Street, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98660
$10 per person in advance
$15 per person at the door
No cost for students with a valid WSU student ID
- Jan. 16, 2019 – Developing employees
- Feb. 20, 2019 – Team dynamics
- March 20, 2019 – Strategic decision making
- April 17, 2019 – Communications
- May 15, 2019 – Leading change
Past meeting highlights
- Leadership Series part 4: How Small Businesses Can Achieve Big Results, Heidi Pozzo, Sept. 19, 2018
- Leadership Series part 2: Build a Culture with Purpose, Lisa Schauer, June 20, 2018
- Leadership Series part 1: Connect Employees with Your Vision and Mission, Bob DeKoning, May 16, 2018
- Cybersecurity 101 for Business: What You Need To Know, John McKinney, April 18, 2018
- Keep Focused on Your Goals with the Right Strategic Planning Framework , Lynn Sheehan, March 21, 2018
- Take Charge of Your Process: A Framework for Process Mapping, Jeff Greenaway, March 7, 2018
- Data Breaches and Identity Theft: How to Protect Your Company, Bob Gregg, Oct. 18, 2017
- Complex Negotiations: Challenges and Opportunities, Tom Tripp, Sept. 20, 2017
- Implementing CRM? Think process before software, Mike Calvo, July 19, 2017
- Creating the Company Culture You Want, various speakers, June 21, 2017
- Is Your Company Structure Impacting Your Bottom Line?, Michael Fussell, May 17, 2017
- Leadership: Going from "Me to We", Marv Serhan, April 19, 2017
- Establishing your brand, Jason Anthony, March 15, 2017
- How to launch a new food or apparel product, Summer Kramer and Cosmo Salibello, Feb. 15, 2017
- Taming uncertainty in your tech business, Randy Steck, Jan. 18, 2017
Give us a call at 360-546-9533 or email email@example.com.