WSU Vancouver’s Business Growth Mentor & Analysis Program (MAP) contributes to regional economic development by helping small businesses and nonprofits grow and succeed while providing educational opportunities for Carson College of Business students.
- Since start of the program in 2011, approximately 109,000 hours of free consulting have been given to small businesses
- More than $15 million generated in new revenues fueled the local economy
- 96% of clients recommend Business Growth MAP to their colleagues
- 94% of clients were satisfied with the product
- 311 businesses participated
“We learned several new things we didn’t know that will help us be more profitable.”
The 29 local businesses that participated this year came from Southwest Wash. and into Portland, Ore.
- 2011 - Helped the first 8 clients
- 2012 - Reached $1 million in new revenues for the local economy
- 2013 - Added first marketing focused projects
- 2014 - First Alliance forum
- 2015 - Awarded Excellence in Economic Development by AASCU
- 2016 - Tech Collective summer cohort for tech businesses
- 2017 - Awarded Excellence in Innovations by AASCB
- 2018 - Created Business Growth MAP endowment
Kudos best project team winners
- Slumberkins, Growth, Spring 2019
- Self Balance Massage, Growth, Fall 2019
- Human Services Council, Marketing, Spring 2019
"Business Growth MAP was a turning point in my education where I was given the opportunity to put my technical knowledge into meaningful context. I cannot speak highly enough of the program, our client and the Carson College of Business."
Molly Bartley, B.A. Business Administration, Management Information Systems ‘19
Support Operations Analyst Intern, New Relic, Inc.
The guidance of the outstanding advisory board enables Business Growth MAP to continue to develop, measure and improve the program.
- Natalya Bolenozhko, Horenstein Law Group
- Robert Benke, Riverview Bank
- Justin Bleth, The Heathman Lodge
- Laura Chester, Digital Mark Group
- Chris Darcey, Banner Bank
- P.J. Fisher, Riverview Bank
- Azar Ghiasvand, Banner Bank
- Bruce Jooste, Tax Law Associates
- Andy LaFrazia, ControlTek
- Amanda Martinez, U.S. Bank
- Rob Pierce, DM2 Software
- Linda Reid, Columbia Bank
- Cristin Rigney, New Relic
- Lynn Sheehan, Evolve Strategic Ventures
- Erin Stepanek, The Heathman Lodge
The MAP Alliance 10-part Leadership Series helped businesses sharpen their leadership skills.
Business Growth MAP is deeply grateful to businesses and volunteers throughout the community for helping to strengthen the program.
Volunteers share time and expertise with student teams, putting in 30+ hours on projects each semester.
Without sponsors, the Business Growth MAP program could not exist. Thank you!
- Banner Bank
- Columbia River Economic
- Development Council
- Davidson & Associates Insurance
- Port of Vancouver USA
- Riverview Bank
- Umpqua Bank
- US Bank
MAP Alliance venue
MAP Alliance coffee
Thanks to generous donors, Business Growth MAP has established a MAP endowment. This endowment ensures the future of the award-winning program by delivering a dependable source of funding, insuring the ability to prepare future leaders, help small businesses and advance the local economy now and in the future.