Become a client and gain valuable insight to improve your business. Participating clients receive student consulting under mentor and faculty supervision that provides a fresh perspective and actionable plan for growth.
Business Growth MAP encourages, welcomes and seeks out the participation of business owners from historically and systemically marginalized and underrepresented communities.
The program prioritizes the promotion of an ethical and socially just society through an intentional commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. To that end, Business Growth MAP is:
- Working to ensure equitable opportunities for local small businesses and non-profits to participate.
- Intentionally recruiting small businesses and nonprofits whose owners come from historically and systemically marginalized and underrepresented communities (LGBTQ+, African American, Native American, Latinx and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander owners).
For organizations that want to gain insight into how to address core challenges and those that are looking to grow or take their business to the next level.
- At least two years old
- Three years of revenue and financial statements available for analysis
- Employees (either contractors, part-time and/or full-time)
Growth-focused MAP teams develop detailed recommendations and implementation plans to help businesses address a variety of challenges and goals. Some of the areas MAP teams can provide recommendations around, include:
- Employee development
- Expansion and/or relocation
- Improving the customer/client experience
- Increasing profit margins
- Leveraging competitive advantages
- Operational efficiency
- Policies and procedures
- Pricing and sale strategies
- Succession planning and exit strategies
- Supply chain management
For existing organizations looking for marketing analysis and planning that includes recommendations for the marketing mix (product, pricing, channels of distribution and communications).
- At least three years old
- Three years of revenue and marketing budget information (if available) for analysis
- A customer base and contact information for customer survey (approved by the client)
Business Growth MAP uses an effective analysis and consulting model to develop informed, actionable recommendations and detailed implementation plans for participating companies. See more at How Business Growth MAP Works.
Clients invest a minimum of 15 hours over the course of a 16-week semester, either August to December of January to May.
If this opportunity sounds right for you, contact the Business Growth MAP manager at 360-546-9533 or apply now.