- Are you interested in earning academic credits on the job?
- Do you want to boost your resume with field-related work experience?
- Are you an accounting major working to achieve your C.P.A.?
- Do you need additional work experience?
- Are you a hospitality business management major looking for paid industry experience?
- Are you wondering which business degree is the right fit for you?
- Do you want to increase your network of professional contacts?
- Are you new to the workforce?
All of these options can be available to you through internships. As an intern you can learn a lot about an industry and yourself. Washington State University Vancouver’s Carson College of Business is a proud to offer internship opportunities to our students.
Are you interested in receiving internship and job opportunities?
What is an internship?
Any carefully monitored work or service experience in which an individual has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what she or he is learning throughout the experience. The important element that distinguishes an internship from a short-term job or community service is the intentional "learning agenda" that the intern brings to the experience. (From the National Society for Experiential Education)
These learning goals may include:
- Academic learning - the individual can apply knowledge learned in the classroom to the workplace;
- Career development - the individual gains a knowledge of the qualifications and duties of a position and can explore their interest in a field;
- Skill development - the individual gains an understanding of the skills and knowledge required in the workplace;
- Personal development - the individual gains decision making skills, critical thinking skills, increased confidence and self-esteem.
Want to learn more about an industry and yourself? Contact email@example.com.