The major in management prepares you to manage people and/or production functions. In addition to learning vital management skills such as planning, organizing, leadership and controlling, you will gain marketable skills in one of two tracks. The Human Resource Management track provides skills in selection, training, motivating, evaluating and compensating employees. The Innovation and Change track provides skills in managing innovation in networks and teams and managing organizational change processes.
At WSU Vancouver, you will learn the skills to ensure the efficient and effective operation of all types of organizations.
- How to persuade and influence others
- How to negotiate competitively and creatively
- In the Innovation and Change track, how to manage the psychology, culture and politics of organizational change
- In the HR track, how to motivate employees using best practices, including compensation and performance appraisals
- In the HR track, how to staff, including recruiting, selection and onboarding
Employee relations manager, human resources director, management consultant, senior employment analyst, financial analyst, marketing consultant, general manager, compensation and benefits manager, entrepreneur …