- As a student working through the Carson College of Business Internship Program, those you work with will see you as a representative of the University. You will need to present yourself in a professional manner to the professionals working in agencies or on special projects, the clients with whom you work, and other students who may be interning with you.
- If you feel that your working conditions are unsafe, inappropriate or problematic, please call the Carson College of Business Internship Coordinator, at 360-546-9750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following are responsibilities of the student in a field placement:
- Set work schedule. Be reliable, consistent and on time. If you must miss work, call agency at least 24 hours in advance.
- Dress appropriately for your assignment.
- Use appropriate language.
- Avoid developing romantic relationships with clients or coworkers.
An intern must be in good academic standing and have completed at least one semester as a certified Carson College of Business major.
Students can earn one semester credit for each 50 hours of work related to the internship academic learning objectives of the student. Credit is not given for just work experience. Students can earn no less than 2 credits and cumulatively no more than 15 total internship credits over five semesters.
All internship credits are awarded pass/fail.
Students must register for their Internship by the 10th day of class. No late registrations will be allowed.