Choose from a range of majors for a bachelor of arts degree in business administration, or work toward a bachelor of arts in hospitality business management. No matter what major you choose, you’ll emerge ready to hit the ground running in the world of business.
- Business Administration
- Hospitality Business Management
- Management Information Systems
With a bachelor of arts from the Carson College of Business, you will have:
- Core business knowledge and both qualitative and quantitative skills to enable you to solve business problems
- A global perspective, enabling you to understand different economic systems and cultural differences and how they affect business practices
- Social, environmental and ethical awareness to help you evaluate ethical dilemmas and propose socially and environmentally appropriate solutions that take into account multiple stakeholders
- Effective communication skills so you can organize and express your thoughts professionally and coherently
Stand out from the crowd by earning real-world business experience along with your degree. The bachelor of arts in Hospitality Business Management requires 1,000 hours of paid industry experience before graduation. For the B.A. in Business Administration, an internship is optional but encouraged.
An internship can help you develop contacts, experience, skills and judgment that will be invaluable in your career. You might even be able to earn college credit.
Start by finding a business to sponsor your internship. Then consult your advisor to determine how the internship fits your program requirements. Set learning goals for your internship, and work with the employer to find responsibilities that will help you reach those learning goals.
Learn more: Internship information